Frittatas are great for breakfast, brunch, or a light dinner. If you’re watching your cholesterol, substitute 1/4 cup of egg substitute for every whole egg.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped red onion
4 ounces smoked salmon, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon capers
1 ½ cups egg substitute
1/4 cup 2% milk
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Heat olive oil in an 8-inch oven-proof sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent but not brown, about 4 minutes. Add the salmon and capers and cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
3. Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until well beaten. Pour over salmon and stir gently with a rubber spatula, 30 seconds. Scatter cream cheese over the top and cook, without stirring, until the edges appear firm, about 3 minutes.
4. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until nicely browned and puffed, about 20 minutes.
5. To serve, invert onto a serving plate, cut into wedges and top with chopped chives.