Gluten-Free and Vegan
24 large button mushrooms
¼ cup white onion, minced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
½ cup cooked brown rice
½ cup cooked quinoa
2 carrots, peeled and grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
2. Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Set mushroom caps aside; discard stems.
3. In a small skillet over medium heat, cook onion in olive oil until translucent, approximately 6 minutes.
4. Add cooked brown rice, quinoa, carrots, pine nuts, salsa, sea salt and pepper; cook until warm, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Using a teaspoon, transfer rice mixture in each mushroom cap. Slightly over-stuff mushroom caps with rice mixture.
6. Place stuffed mushrooms in a single layer on prepared baking dish. Bake, uncovered for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and enjoy!