10 Steps that Support a Healthy Liver
1. Eliminate toxins from your diet and your life as best you can.
2. Drink pure (filtered) water throughout the day.
3. Drink your lemon water first thing every morning.
4. Eat dark greens, preferably raw, every day (e.g. “green juice,” a big green salad, and green food supplements). Eat lots of celery (a good source of plant sodium that helps support the adrenals), watercress, broccoli, kale, cucumber, spinach, romaine, fresh herbs like basil and cilantro, and sour green apples.
5. Eat animal protein between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. It can be stressful for the liver to eat the animal protein later in the day or evening, especially if you are showing signs of liver stress.
6. Remember, you need protein to support and detoxify the liver. In addition to protein naturally found in foods, good complete protein sources include rice and whey protein powders, hemp protein and green super-foods like spirulina, chlorella and blue-green algae.
7. Eat dinner at least 2-3 hours before bedtime.
8. Make sure the colon is supported and clean. When toxins remain in the colon, they are sent back to the liver. The liver then sends them right back down to the colon in the bile. To help permanently eliminate these toxins from the body, add extra fiber, probiotics, and filtered water.
10. Sweat! Saunas and exercise are a good way to sweat. Another way is the toxin elimination bath (details provided in your resources) at least 3-4 times per week.
11. Assist your lymphatic system – Use a body brush every day to stimulate your lymphatic system and help move lymphatic fluids. You can also lymphasize, which is a way to stimulate lymphatic drainage, ridding your body of toxins, wastes, trapped protein, bacteria, and viruses. What do you need to do? Jump on a mini-trampoline — this is called rebounding. This creates an ideal condition for cleaning the cells. The vertical acceleration and deceleration help the cells squeeze out waste.